Business visas are issued to those who frequently travel to the Dominican Republic on business, the visa is valid for one year and allows multiple stays of sixty days in the country. Business visas are also issued to foreign nationals who wish to apply for temporary residency under an NGO.
REQUIREMENTS FOR WORK VISA IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
- Visa Form filled and completed in type or clearly printed.
- One (1) frontal picture size 2 x 2 inches, with a white background.
- Original passport valid for at least the duration of the requested visa or longer
- Contract from company registered in the DR or letter of affiliation from NGO. The NGO must indicate the nature of the work that will be carried out by the foreign national, the amount of the stipend received to cover living expenses, and the documents granting the organization’s non-profit status.
- Police certificate from country of origin. This document must be translated and apostilled by the competent authorities in the country of origin. Translations can be done by the Consular section.
- Medical Certificate showing a diagnosis of the overall health of the applicant, indicating if he or she suffers from any contagious disease. It must be issued by the health authorities of the country in which the person resides at the time of application.
- Legible photocopy of National Identity Document of the country of nationality, and legible photocopy of the Residence Card if residing in a second country.
- Legible photocopy of former Dominican visas or residence card (if renewal).
- Visa application letter from the beneficiary or from the company or institution for which the applicant works addressed to the Consular Section containing name, nationality, place of residence and occupation.
PROCESSING TIME OF WORK VISA IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Between 10 and 15 working days depending on date of travel, prior requests and staff availability.
Varies depending on Consulate. Please contact our office to inquire regarding Consular fees for visas.