Foreign nationals who wish to remain in the country for an indefinite period of time must apply for Permanent Residency. Foreigners that maintain temporary residency status for four consecutive years will qualify to apply for a change of status to permanent residency on the fifth year.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DOMINICAN PERMANENT RESIDENCY:
- Three photocopies of the temporary residency card and cedula (Dominican I.D.)
- Repatriation Insurance Policy
- A certificate of good behavior from the Dominican authorities.
- Medical exam performed by an authorized medical center in the Dominican Republic (blood test, urine test and chest x-rays)
- 4 photos 2 x 2 (front), and 4 photos 2 x 2 (profile)
- Marriage certificate
- Original temporary residency card
- Online application process
- Copy of passport
- Proof of solvency (bank letter, title of vehicle or title to property)
Upon approval of the petition, the applicant will receive a permanent resident card valid for a four-year period, renewable for an additional four-year period.