DESCRIPTION OF DOMINICAN VISA PROCESS
Tourist visas are issued for tourist and cultural trips; attendance to conferences or conventions. The visa is valid for one or multiple entries, ranging from 30 to 60 days. Beneficiaries can not perform lucrative activities in Dominican territory.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DOMINICAN VISA
- Visa Form completed (typed or clear print)
- One (1) frontal picture size 2 x 2 inches, with a white background.
- Original passport valid for at least the duration of the requested visa or longer.
- In the case of minors, permission of the parents or guardian when the applicant is not the mother or the father. This document must be notarized, translated into Spanish and both the original and the translation Apostilled. Alternatively, once the original document is Apostilled it can be sent for translation by the Consular Section.
- Documents showing the applicant’s financial solvency (Letter of Bank, Letter of employment, titles of property). If a document is issued in the Dominican Republic, must be certified by a notary public and legalized by the Attorney General’s Office (Procuraduría General de la República).
- Legible photocopy of National Identity Document of the country of nationality and legible photocopy of the Residence Card if residing in a second country.
- Legible photocopy of hotel reservation.
- Legible photocopy of booked flight.
- Legible photocopy of former Dominican visas or residence card (if renewing or have previously traveled to the Dominican Republic).
- Criminal Record Certificate issued by the appropriate authorities of the country in which the person resides at the time of application. This document must be notarized, translated into Spanish and both the original and the translation Apostilled. Alternatively, once the original document is Apostilled it can be sent for translation by the Consular Section (see translation services).
- Visa application letter from the beneficiary addressed to the Consular Section containing name, nationality, place of residence and occupation, as well as purpose of traveling to the Dominican Republic.
Dominican Republic Work Visa Processing Time
Between 10 and 15 working days depending on date of travel, prior requests and staff availability.
PROCESSING FEE FOR STUDENTS VISA IN DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Varies depending on Consulate. Please contact our office to inquire regarding Consular fees for visas.
Multiple entries are provided for tourists from cruises or those that require to enter and exit the country more than once during the period of the visa.