This residency classification is designed for those who wish to reside or work in the country for a period of up to one year. After obtaining residency, the foreign national has the option of renewing temporary residency on a yearly basis until the fifth year. On the fifth year, the foreign national will qualify to apply for permanent residency. PRIOR TO APPLYING FOR RESIDENCY, THE APPLICANT MUST OBTAIN A RESIDENCY VISA (RS). Upon arrival in the country with the residency visa, please contact us to initiate the process for temporary residency. Our firm will handle the entire process for you. Please contact us for a free quote.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DOMINICAN REPUBLIC TEMPORARY RESIDENCY:
A residency visa from the Dominican Consulate or Embassy in the country of origin prior to arrival. Please contact us for further details.
- Valid passport for a year from the date the process for residency is initiated.
- Last entry stamp placed on passport by airport Immigration.
- If applying as a couple, marriage certificate authenticated with an apostille or sealed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of origin and the Dominican Consulate.
- Original or certified copy of birth certificate authenticated with an apostille or sealed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of origin and the Dominican Consulate.
- Certificate of good conduct from your country authenticated with an apostille or notarized or sealed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of origin and the Dominican Consulate.
- Medical test performed by the Immigration Department (x-rays, urine test, blood test)
- Repatriation Insurance Policy
- Proof of solvency (Bank letter, title to vehicle or title to property)
- Online application process
- Translation to Spanish and legalization of all documents